TRAVEL | A DAY OF PLAY IN THE BAY feat AQUA PLAY PARKS AT KAMIA BAY RESORT
I have done extreme sports in the past such as skydiving but I have yet to play with and on giant inflatables until I got to visit the Aqua Play Parks managed by Kamia Bay Resort in Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
Kamia Bay Resort is located in Binusalian Bay, Barangay Luzviminda, Puerto Princesa, Palawan, a good 30 to 45 minute van ride from the city center.
The night before, I was at Daniel Padilla’s Private Birthday Party and got home a little past one o’clock in the morning. Scared of missing my flight to Palawan, I did not sleep anymore and decided to head to the airport early. I arrived at the airport Terminal 4 more than four hours before my flight.
I was dead tired, a bit tipsy even and was missing my bed. Long story short, I was not in the best of my moods.
The airport was jam-packed. It was a Friday and I figured that half of Metro Manila just decided to do an exodus for the weekend. I met up with fellow travel blogger Erica two hours before the flight and the rest of the group while boarding.
The flight to Puerto Princesa via Air Asia took a little over an hour. The plane took off at 8:55 AM in Manila and landed at 10:15 AM in Puerto Princesa. I slept the whole time obviously. Upon arrival, my energy level was still at an all-time low. Just look at the photo below. Darn. I was just going through the motion.
We met up with the Chief Executive Officer and owner of AquaPlayParks.com, Mr. Peter Appleton, at the airport and boarded a van to have a quick lunch at Robinsons before dropping off our luggage at the hotel and proceeding to Kamia Bay Resort.
The 45-minute van ride to Kamia Bay Resort was probably one of the longest rides I have ever had or so I thought. My energy level was nearing seabed and my patience was getting shorter by the minute. I cannot remember how many times I asked myself “Are we there yet?”. And then, lo and behold… this view from the highway, five minutes away from the resort.
Upon seeing this, my adrenaline shot up almost instantly. I could not contain my excitement. I was screaming inside. The steep and rolling hills on the way to Kamia Bay Resort’s entrance made my adrenal glands pump even more. My heart beat was going faster than the van’s speedometer. I was about to burst, almost having an internal combustion.
Suddenly, I was fully charged and ready to conquer the newest and biggest inflatable playground in Asia managed by Kamia Bay Resort and developed by, a leading creator of the largest water parks.
This 3,800-square-meter waterfront aqua play park features thrilling inflatables such as the giant 40-foot high Water Slide, Volleyball Trampoline, Human Launcher , Dolphin Slides, Donut Trampoline, Hamster Wheel, and Hotdog Swing for adults and kids to enjoy.
Created and designed by Mr. Peter Appleton, CEO and Owner, the new aqua-adventure water park can facilitate up to 150 people and is available exclusively for day tours at affordable prices:
- AQUA PLAY – PHP788/Person inclusive of one hour in Aquapark, Eco Tour and Buffet Lunch
- AQUA PLAY UNLI – PHP1,488/Person inclusive of unlimited use of Aquapark, Eco Tour and Buffet lunch
- AQUA ADVENTURE – PHP1,188/Person inclusive of one hour in Aquapark, Eco Tour, Buffet lunch and Roundtrip transfers
- AQUA ADVENTURE UNLIMITED – PHP1,788/Person inclusive of unlimited use of Aqua Park, Eco Tour, Buffet lunch and Roundtrip Transfers
Other Activities to enjoy at Kamia Bay Resort:
- Paddleboarding / Kayaking
- Jet Skiing
- Quick Visit to Puting Buhangin Beach
- Eco Tour and visit The Rock Formations
- Mountain Biking (first Mountain Bike Trail in Palawan)
Kamia Bay Resort ensures everyone gets to enjoy playing in the Aqua Play Park safely by conducting a quick briefing on the do’s and dont’s.
Kamia Bay Resort has available resting huts by the bayside. They also have rest rooms, shower area and a mess hall for everyone’s convenience.
Below is a short video I prepared capturing the various water sports and activities we did at Kamia Bay Resort
For high definition, watch the video below instead.
For reservations and inquiries, contact Amika Travel and Tours:
- Mobile Nos.: +63917-5435770 and +63908-8910042
- Landline: +63-48-4341872
- Email: amikatravels@
- Website: http://www.amikatravels.com
- Facebook Page: http://www.Facebook.com/KamiaBayResort/
- Manila Office: 155 Taleng House Office, #46 Scout Tobias corner Scout Fuentebella, Barangay Laging Handa, Quezon City
- Puerto Princesa Office: TGT Building, National Highway, Barangay San Pedro, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan
- Coron Office: Gateway Building, Barangay Poblacion 3, Coron, Palawan